We are Mind. We only exist because of the amazing support of people like you.
We want you to know that we really value your support, whether you’ve:
- fundraised on our behalf
- supported our campaigns
- bought items in our shops
- been a member, or
- left us a gift in your will.
We are committed to treating you with respect and openness, so this is our promise to you.
Our communications with you
- We hope you’ll want to hear more about our work. We’ll always be clear about how we'll communicate with you.
- If you tell us you’d rather not be contacted, or you’d rather we didn’t contact you in a certain way, we’ll act on your wishes.
- You can change your mind about what you receive from us at any time.
- Fundraising is really important to us and we are proud of what it helps us achieve. We will constantly review our fundraising practices to make sure they are fair, sensitive and appropriate.
- We will make sure that external suppliers understand the issues we work with, and stick to our safeguarding policies.
- We will aim to work above and beyond the standards set out by regulatory bodies (for example the Charity Commission).
About your donation or the money you’ve raised
- Your donation will be used responsibly to help people with mental health problems get support and respect. We will keep administration costs to a minimum without jeopardising the quality of Mind’s work. As much of your donation as possible will be spent directly on our life-changing work.
- We’ll answer any question you have about how your donation is spent and clear financial information will be available.
- We might turn down a donation if we feel that accepting it would damage our independence or reputation. If we do, we’ll explain why.
Our use of your personal details
- We use carefully selected suppliers to help us deliver our communications and services. We will keep any personal information safe, only using your details to contact you in the ways you’ve agreed to.
- We will always respect your right to privacy and adhere to laws around the use of data.
When necessary, we may share data with our own carefully regulated and monitored external suppliers, for processing purposes. We will ensure their use of the data is in line with our own data protection policies and not kept or used by them for any other purposes.
Suppliers we work with
- Sometimes we work with external suppliers to contact you, simply because our team isn’t big enough. This might be an agency that helps us send and receive our mailings, or an organisation who stores and delivers our fundraising materials.
- We will only work with professional organisations that meet our high standards.
- We’ll train, monitor and regulate our external suppliers to meet our standards and will act quickly if they do not meet the high standards we set
- Everyone we work with that has contact with our supporters takes part in mental health awareness training.
Our accountability to you
- You can contact us with feedback or to make a complaint if you are unhappy with anything we have done while communicating with you.
- We will respond honestly and promptly to your questions and complaints.