Donate items to your nearest Mind shop
Donate your preloved clothes, shoes, books and more to your local Mind shop.
Each bag of donations, however small, can make a big difference.
When you donate, sign up for Gift Aid
Signing up to Gift Aid means that for every £1 raised through sales of your donated items, Mind can claim an extra 25p from HMRC, at no extra cost to you.
Find out more
Our shops will be pleased to accept any of the following:
- Children's games and toys
- Electrical goods, furniture, and white goods (Alvaston, York, Longton and Hinckley only)
Some of our shops offer a free collection service. Give them a call or drop them an email to arrange a suitable time.
Items we cannot accept for safety reasons. This should be an accordion as per the previous page.
Items we cannot accept for safety reasons
Please review the list below list if you are unsure.
- Mains operated electrical equipment (other than where PAT tested and include records)
- Gas appliances of any kind (either mains or bottled gas)
- Gas canisters, flammable liquids or solids
- Oil heaters
- Cycle helmets
- Climbing equipment
- Riding hats
- Crash helmets
- Child car safety seats
- Reading glasses
- Any form of medication
- Firearms including airguns
- Items made of REAL fur
- Any knife with a concealed blade- flick knife/sword sticks/darts
- Protective safety equipment
- Spray paint
- Car jacks
- Donated perishable goods/foodstuff (not including bought-in goods)
- R18 videos & noncertified videos
- Nightwear without flammable label
- Toys without CE label
- Child cots
- Prams and pushchairs
- Any soft furnishings without a fire retardant label