Donate items to your nearest Mind shop
Donate your preloved clothes, shoes, books and more to your local Mind shop. Each bag of donations, however small, can make a big difference.
What can I donate?
We can accept:
- Children's games and toys
- Electrical items, furniture, and white goods (Alvaston, York, Longton and Hinckley only)
Where is my nearest Mind charity shop?
Find your nearest Mind charity shop, including the contact details, by clicking the button below. Some shops offer a free collection service for your donations – just give them a call or email to arrange a time.
What can't I donate?
We can't take some items for safety reasons. These are:
- Mains operated electrical equipment (other than where PAT tested and include records)
- Gas appliances of any kind (either mains or bottled gas)
- Gas canisters, flammable liquids or solids
- Oil heaters
- Cycle helmets
- Climbing equipment
- Riding hats
- Crash helmets
- Child car safety seats
- Reading glasses
- Any form of medication
- Firearms including airguns
- Items made of REAL fur
- Any knife with a concealed blade- flick knife/sword sticks/darts
- Protective safety equipment
- Spray paint
- Car jacks
- Donated perishable goods/foodstuff (not including bought-in goods)
- R18 videos & noncertified videos
- Nightwear without flammable label
- Toys without CE label
- Child cots
- Prams and pushchairs
- Any soft furnishings without a fire retardant label
Donate with Gift Aid
When you donate your items, you can sign up to Gift Aid at the same time. That means when we sell your item, for every £1 the item costs, Mind can claim an extra 25p from HMRC, at no extra cost to you.
Can I volunteer at a Mind shop?
Absolutely! We couldn't run our shops without our amazing volunteers. Whether it's sorting and pricing clothes, making sales, or getting creative on the shop floor, there's plenty you can do to help out.
There's no need for volunteering to be a big, time-consuming commitment either – even an hour a week could make a huge difference.