Terms and conditions
Using our Website
1. About our website terms
1.1 These website terms explain how you may use our website and/ or its content as provided to you by Mind (the National Association for Mental Health) (we, us or our).
1.2 By using our website you agree to be bound by these website terms. If you do not agree with any of these website terms, you should stop using our website immediately.
1.3 If you order any goods, services or digital content from our website, separate terms and conditions will apply.
1.4 If you would like these website terms in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille), please contact us using the contact details.
2. Using the website
2.1 Our website is for your personal and non-commercial use only.
2.2 You agree that you are solely responsible for all costs and expenses you may incur in relation to your use of our website.
2.3 We make no promise that the website is appropriate or available for use in locations outside of the UK. If you choose to access the website from locations outside the UK, you acknowledge you do so at your own initiative and are As a condition of your use of our website, you agree not to:
- 2.3.1 misuse or disrupt the website by knowingly introducing material which is malicious or technologically harmful, or
- 2.3.2 attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our website.
2.4 We may prevent or suspend your access to the website if you do not comply with these website terms.
3. Your privacy and personal information
4 Ownership, use and intellectual property rights
4.1 The intellectual property rights in the website and in any text, images, video, audio or other multimedia content, software or other information or material submitted to or accessible from the website are owned by us and our licensors.
4.2 We and our licensors reserve all our intellectual property rights (including all copyright, trademarks, domain names, design rights, database rights, patents and all other intellectual property rights of any kind) whether registered or unregistered anywhere in the world. This means, for example, that we remain owners of them and are free to use them as we see fit.
4.3 Nothing in these website terms grants you any legal rights in the website other than as necessary for you to access it. You agree not to adjust, try to circumvent or delete any notices contained on our website or any of its content (including any intellectual property notices) and in particular, in any digital rights or other security technology embedded or contained within the website or its content.
4.4 In particular the Mind name and logo are registered trademarks. Any use or copying of these trademarks is strictly prohibited unless you have our prior written permission.
5 Accuracy of information and availability of the website
5.1 We try to make sure that the website is accurate, up-to-date and free from bugs, but we cannot promise that it will be. Furthermore, we cannot promise that the website will be fit or suitable for any purpose. Any reliance that you may place on the information on the website is at your own risk.
5.2 We may suspend or terminate access or operation of the website at any time as we see fit.
5.3 Our website content is provided for your general information purposes only and to inform you about us and our charitable activities, news, general support, services and other websites that may be of interest. It has not been tailored to your specific requirements or circumstances.
5.4 While we try to make sure that the website is available for your use, we do not promise that the website will be available at all times or that your use of the website will be uninterrupted.
6. Hyperlinks and third party websites
The website may contain hyperlinks or references to other websites. Any hyperlinks or references are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over third party websites and accept no legal responsibility for any content, material or information contained in them.
7. Limitation on our liability
Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury) or arising under applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information, we are not legally responsible for any loss because you use this site.
8 Changes to these website terms
We reserve the right to vary these website terms from time to time. Our updated terms will be displayed on the website and by continuing to use and access the website, you agree to be bound by any changes made by us.
Texting us to Donate
Text to donate is a quick and easy way to donate to MIND. If you've already texted a donation, thank you so much.
Where can I send text donations from?
Please note that you can donate from a UK mobile only. You cannot donate using this service from a Channel Islands, Isle of Man or other non-UK mobile. If you donate using this service from a UK mobile outside England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, you may incur additional network charges.
How we use your personal information Your privacy is important to MIND, please read our privacy notice which sets out how we use and protect any information that you give to us.
General terms and conditions
- When you donate via SMS to MIND, you will incur your standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates).
- Please ensure you spell the keyword carefully and send your text message to the correct short code or your gift will not be received.
- If your keyword and short code are valid, you will be charged the donation amount when you receive the bounce-back message – this cost will be applied directly to your mobile phone bill. It may take some time for you to receive a bounce-back message. Please wait until you receive it. Any repeat texts will result in repeat donations.
- If your keyword or short code is invalid, you may not receive a bounce-back but may still be charged your standard network message charge. You will not be charged the donation as you will not be donating to MIND.
- All supporters must obtain permission from the bill payer before sending a text message. If you are under 16 years old, you must have your parent or guardian's permission to send a text donation to us.
Texting to our TV Appeal
If you text us as part of our TV appeal our Text to Donate terms above will apply, in addition to the following:
- By texting FIGHT to 70607 you will be charged £10 when you receive the bounce-back message – this cost will be applied directly to your mobile phone bill.
- By texting FIGHT to 70607 you are opting-in to Mind contacting you by phone or SMS to update you about our work and how you can support it.
- If you would like to donate a single £10 gift without opting-in to contact from Mind, you can text FIGHTNO to 70607. You will be charged £10 when you receive the bounce-back message but will receive no further contact from Mind about our work.
- By texting FIGHT to 70002 you will receive a bounce-back to confirm you are setting up a monthly gift to Mind. If you respond YES you will be charged £3 plus one standard rate message and £3 a month thereafter – this cost will be applied directly to your mobile phone bill.
- By texting FIGHT to 70002 you are opting-in to Mind contacting you by phone or SMS to update you about our work and how you can support it.
- If you would like to donate a £3 monthly gift without opting-in to contact from Mind, you can text FIGHTNO to 70002. You will still receive a bounce-back to confirm you are setting up a monthly gift to Mind. If you respond YES you will be charged £3 plus one standard rate message but will receive no further contact from Mind about our work.
You will be contacted further if your donation is eligible for gift aid.
How to contact us
If you would like to discuss your mobile donation, please contact the Supporter relations Team:
Buying goods and services
Our terms for supplying goods and services can be found here.
Our mind membership terms can be found here.
Our prize draws and competitions
From time to time, we run various prize draws and competitions. Terms will be published here:
- Members’ Book Club prize draw.