Provides detailed information on all antidepressant drugs currently available in the UK.
Some of these drugs have more than one name. You might know a drug by its generic name, or you might know it by a trade name. See our page about drug names for more information on this.
The list below includes all the possible names you might know an antidepressant by, including both generic and UK trade names, and directs you to our page of detailed information about that drug.
- Valdoxan (see agomelatine)
- Venadex XL (see venlafaxine)
- Venaxx XL (see venlafaxine)
- Vencarm XL (see venlafaxine)
- Venlablue XL (see venlafaxine)
- Venladex XL (see venlafaxine)
- Venlasoz XL (see venlafaxine)
- Venlalic XL (see venlafaxine)
- Vensir XL (see venlafaxine)
- ViePax XL (see venlafaxine)
Where can I find more information about medication?
- For information on what antidepressants are, what to know before taking them, and general information on side effects, withdrawal and alternative treatments, see our pages on antidepressants.
- To compare antidepressants by type, form, half-life or dietary considerations, see our page on comparing antidepressants.
- For general information about all psychiatric drugs, including information about coming off medication safely, see our pages about psychiatric medication.
- For information about how recreational drugs and alcohol may affect your mental health, see our pages on recreational drugs and alcohol.
This information was published in September 2020. We will revise it in 2023.
References and bibliography available on request.
If you want to reproduce this content, see our permissions and licensing page.