Fundraising terms and conditions
Thank you for fundraising for us - we really appreciate your support. Before you get started, please read our terms and conditions below.
For more about photography at our events, please read our photography disclaimer.
When I'm fundraising for Mind:
1. I will do my best to raise money for Mind, especially if I have a set target.
2. I will make sure I fundraise in a way that does not endanger or harm myself, any supporter or member of the public.
3. I will respect the privacy of others and not fundraise in a persistent or aggressive way
4. I will recognise that when I'm fundraising for Mind, my actions will be linked to Mind and their cause. I will not do anything to bring Mind’s name into disrepute.
5. Where possible, I will display Mind’s name and registered charity number (219830) when fundraising.
6. I will collect and pay all money to Mind (charity number 219830) within 2 months of my fundraising activity.
7. I will remember that event registration fees are non-refundable.
8. I will get approval from Mind before using Mind's "in aid of" logo for marketing and communications. I will not use Mind's official logo, which can only be used by the charity and logo license-holders.
9. I will get approval from Mind before approaching any companies, press or celebrities to support my activity.
10. If I need to use collection tins, I will sign the relevant form.
11. I will not collect donations door-to-door or in a public place without getting a collector's licence from my local authority or police.
12. I will not collect donations on private property without the owner's permission. This includes shops and pubs.
13. I will not hold a raffle, lottery or prize draw unless it is held as part of a fundraising event. I understand the rules on what I'm allowed to do without a local authority or Gambling Commission licence.
14. I will not hold any other type of raffle, lottery or prize draw without first contacting Mind.
15. I will not sell alcohol at any event without having the appropriate licence.
16. I will not sell goods or services using Mind’s name or logo without first contacting Mind and signing an agreement.
17. I will not state that my business (or any other business) will be donating to Mind without first contacting Mind and signing an agreement.
18. I acknowledge that Mind cannot take responsibility for any losses or harm made through my activity or liability arising from my activity
19. I will only use Mind-branded fundraising materials that I've been given for the fundraising I've registered. This includes both print and digital materials.
20. If I have to cancel or withdraw from an activity for any reason, I will tell Mind as early as possible.
21. I understand that Mind reserves the right to ask me to stop fundraising at any time. This might happen if Mind believes my fundraising is unsafe or may harm either a person or Mind’s reputation.
22. I understand that Mind will stop supporting my fundraising activity if they don't think it's safe, lawful and respectful.
Please be aware that may have photographers at some events. We may use these photos to promote future events online and on print materials, for a period of 5 years.
We may also allow our partners to use images to promote our work. For example, Great Runs or London Marathon events.
If you don’t want to be included in any photos, please email us at [email protected]. We’ll need your name, race number and a photograph of yourself. We can then make sure we delete any photos of you taken at the event.
If you have any questions about the use of our images or would like more information, please get in touch at [email protected]