Terms and conditions
Before you start your fundraising for Mind, please read the following terms and conditions:
When I am fundraising for Mind, I will:
- Give my best efforts to raise money for Mind, particularly if I have a set target
- Always make sure I make all attempts to fundraise in a way that does not endanger or harm in any way myself, any supporter or member of the public
- Respect privacy and not fundraise in a way that could be considered persistent or aggressive towards the public
- Recognise that when I am fundraising for Mind, my actions will be linked to Mind and their cause, and so I will not do anything to bring Mind’s name into disrepute.
- Make sure that when I am fundraising for Mind, Mind’s name and registered charity number (219830) are displayed wherever possible.
- Collect and pay to national Mind (charity number 219830) all money raised within two months of my fundraising activity
- Remember that events where a registration fee is required, registration fees are non-refundable.
- Get approval in advance from Mind of any use of Mind's "in aid of" logo for marketing and communication purposes, and will not use Mind's official logo, which is reserved for the use of the charity and logo license-holders only.
- Obtain prior approval from Mind before approaching any companies, press or celebrities to support my activity.
- Sign the relevant form for the use of collection tins if required
- Not carry out house-to-house collections or collect in any public place without first obtaining a collector's license from the appropriate local authority (usually the police or the council)
- Not collect on private property (including shops, pubs etc) without first obtaining the permission of the owner
- Not hold a raffle, lottery or prize draw unless it is held as part of a fundraising event, and I have properly understood the rules on what I am permitted to do without a Local Authority or Gambling Commission licence
- Not hold any other type of raffle, lottery or prize draw without first contacting Mind
- Not sell alcohol at any event without having the appropriate license
- Not sell goods or services using Mind’s name or logo or state that my business (or any other) will be making donations to Mind without first contacting Mind and signing an agreement required by fundraising rules.
- Acknowledge that Mind cannot take responsibility for any losses or harm made through my activity or liability arising from my activity
- Only use Mind-branded fundraising materials (in print and electronic form) that have been supplied to me for fundraising that I have registered.
- Inform Mind at the earliest possible opportunity if I have had to cancel my activity/or withdraw from a Mind organised activity due to any circumstances
- I understand that Mind reserves the right to ask me to cease fundraising at any time if Mind believes my fundraising is unsafe or may cause harm to anyone or to Mind’s name or brand reputation.
- I understand that Mind will withdraw their support of my fundraising activity if they do not deem it to be safe, lawful and respectful.
If you have any questions, please contact the community fundraising team