Facebook fundraising group house rules
Thank you for joining our Facebook fundraising group. We look forward to helping you get ready for your challenge.
To help you make the most of your group membership, we have a few house rules. By joining the group, or remaining a group member, you’re considered to be in agreement with these rules.
If you've got any questions or comments, send us an email at [email protected] and we'll do our best to help.
Group membership and access
- This group has been set up as a ‘Closed Group’. Anyone can find the group and see who’s in it, but only members can see posts.
- Members can request to join the group. We'll only approve your membership if you're registered to take part in an event or challenge for Mind.
- Only members are able to view posts and add comments.
- There is no limit on the number of members for our Facebook groups. This means you might already know other members on a personal or professional level. They will be able to view anything you choose to share.
What this group is for
- We want our supporters to use this group to share fundraising experiences and ideas.
- This group is not designed to offer mental health support.
If you're looking for online community support
We know that online community support can be valuable. That's why we've got another online community called Side by Side.
Side by Side is a place where members can be open about their mental health and support each other. It's also moderated around the clock.
How we run this group
- Mind are responsible for running this group.
- We'll check it Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. During this time, we'll do everything we can to make sure all our members are safe.
- We reserve the right to close this group at any point. If this happens, we'll let you know at least 4 weeks before.
What we expect from group members
As a member of our Facebook fundraising group you will:
- Contact [email protected] with questions about your fundraising instead of posting them in the group
- Treat others the way you want to be treated
- Give other members fundraising advice as well as ask for it
- Let the Mind team know if you see something in the group that worries you by emailing [email protected]
- Reach out for help outside this group if you need it, for example via our urgent help tool
As a member of our Facebook fundraising group you won’t:
- Make personal attacks or harass other members
- Share personal contact details on the group pages
- Swear or use offensive language
- Post content that might be unsafe for other members, such as details of self-harm or suicidal plans
- Give other members mental health advice - please tell them to go to our website or call our Infoline instead
- Promote other businesses or charities
What you can expect from us
We (the Mind team) will:
- Post content that's relevant to your fundraising, training and marketing
- Respond quickly to any upsetting or unsafe content posts
- Listen to concerns that you may have about the group and take further action if needed
- Block members who break the house rules
- Check the group outside the hours of 9am to 5pm on weekdays, or on weekends and public holidays
- Respond to any specific questions posted onto the group wall - please email [email protected]
- Be able to fix any technical difficulties with the group - this is the responsibility of Facebook