Service design is a methodology used to explore and create new or improved services. It uses a variety of approaches. Learn how we use it at Mind.
Service Design in Mind
In partnership with our local Minds, we developed Service Design in Mind. It uses specific steps and tools to structure thinking. It allows participants to:
- Explore ideas
- Carry out research,
- Develop insights
- Generate and prioritise ideas
Ideas and insights from people with lived experience are essential to service design. We advocate for people with lived experience to be part of every stage of the service design process.
When we use service design
We use our service design methodology to:
- Explore how a current service could be better designed to meet people’s needs and aspirations
- Create a brand new service that meets identified needs and opportunities
- Generate insights about the unmet needs of the local community or current service users
- Evidence that further service development is needed
To find out more about service design at Mind, get in touch! We'd love to hear from you.