We've spent 6 months working together with peer-led groups to make sure Peerfest19 is set to give a nod back to its roots - lively, loud and fun!
In the PeerFest Zones you can join the Pitchees (Peers who pitched an idea at PitchFest) and:
- Listen and talk about ‘Engaging BAME Communities in Peer Support’ with Shining Stars
- Attend the ‘Poetry writing and performance workshop’ with Survivors Poetry
- Learn, share experiences and take away tips from the ‘Social Media and Online Peer Support’ workshop by FFWA Productions
- 'Get Moving with Bollywood Dance!’ or have a go at Calligraphy Meditation, Reiki, Mindfulness and Yoga with Harrowcare Plus
- Visit the ‘Mental Health Peer’s Art Exhibition’ organised by DWD Events
- Join in ‘Singing Together for Mental Wellbeing’ the IDMC Gospel Choir
- Get a feel of using online platforms for peer support with Bipolar UK
Plus we’ll be launching Mind’s Maternal Mental Health Peer Support Principles at a workshop conducted by the mums with lived experience who facilitated this project.
And you will find out who the Mental Health Peer Support Marsh Award Winners are!