If you have a mental health problem, sometimes you, or someone who is caring for you, may want to see information held about you by an organisation.
- Organisations have 40 calendar days to respond to your subject access request.
- This guide only covers accessing personal information from the point of view of a person with a mental health problem.
- This guide applies to England and Wales.
- This guide contains general legal information, not legal advice. We recommend you get advice from a specialist legal adviser or solicitor who will help you with your individual situation and needs. See Useful contacts for more information.
- The legal information in this guide does not apply to children unless specifically stated.
This information was published in October 2016. We will revise it in 2018.