- If you have a mental health problem you may want to see what information an organisation keeps on file about you (including employers, doctors, hospitals, social services and the police).
- This guide only covers accessing personal information from the point of view of a person with a mental health problem.
- This guide applies to England and Wales.
- This guide contains general legal information, not legal advice. We recommend you get advice from a specialist legal adviser or solicitor who will help you with your individual situation and needs. See Useful contacts for more information.
- The legal information in this guide does not apply to children unless specifically stated.
This information was published in May 2018. We will revise it in 2020.