for better mental health


Gives information that may help if you have experienced abuse.

Support for all adults


116 123 (freephone)
[email protected]
PO Box 90 90
Stirling FK8 2SA

Open 24/7 for anyone who needs to talk. You can visit some branches in person. They also have a Welsh Language Line on 0300 123 3011 (7pm–11pm every day).

Victim Support

0808 168 9111
Provides emotional and practical support for people affected by crime and traumatic events.

Support for adults abused in childhood

The National Association for People Abused in Childhood (NAPAC)

0808 801 0331
A charity supporting adult survivors of any form of childhood abuse. Provides a support line and local support services.

Provides information on books, training, UK events and links for survivors of any type of child abuse, and those supporting them.

Support for children


0800 1111
Support for children and young people in the UK, including a free 24-hour helpline.


020 7823 5430
Information and advice for parents with concerns about school bullying and abuse.

National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC)

0800 800 5000
0800 1111 (18 or under)
Support for children and anyone worried about a child.


0808 802 5544 (parents helpline)
85258 (crisis messenger service, text YM)
Committed to improving the mental health of babies, children and young people, including support for parents and carers.

Support for older people

Action on Elder Abuse

0808 808 8141
Helpline for anyone concerned in any way about the abuse of older people.

Support for people with learning difficulties


0207 383 0700
Provides a range of services for people with learning disabilities, including both victims and perpetrators of sexual abuse as well as families, carers and professionals.


0808 808 1111
Information and advice for people with a learning disability, families and carers.

This information was published in November 2016.

References are available on request. If you would like to reproduce any of this information, see our page on permissions and licensing.

Share this information

arrow_upwardBack to Top