17 November 2023
37 hours per week
£21,837 per year
South Warwickshire and Worcestershire Mind – telephone helpline advisor
The Community Mental Health Telephone Helpline Advisor will manage calls from individuals who are experiencing a high level of mental health distress, their families and professionals. The role will work in close partnership with the NHS Community Mental Health Teams in Bromsgrove, Droitwich and Redditch.
The advisor role will navigate individuals through defined pathways to enable delivery of the right help at the right time with the right outcome. In addition, the advisor will be expected to undertake administrative duties to support this approach.
What you'll do
In this role you'll:
- Answer all telephone calls in an efficient, courteous, professional and non-judgemental manner
- Effectively manage phone calls from individuals who are in mental health distress, their families, carers or professionals
- Ensure all callers get the correct response by following the appropriate service procedures
- Effectively manage callers' expectations while providing correct and accurate information
- Where appropriate deliver agreed interventions
We're looking for someone with:
- Experience of supporting delivery of mental health support services
- Experience of data input
- Experience of working with a wide range of agencies
- Up to date knowledge of mental health and key issues linked to wellbeing
How to apply
For more information about the role, and the benefits of working for us, click apply now at the top of this page. This will take you through to the South Warwickshire and Worcestershire Mind website.