18 February 2024
27 February 2024
Around 4 to 8 hours each month
Expenses will be paid
South East London and remote
South East London Mind – trustee
We're looking to add to the expertise of our experienced, professional board of trustees. We're looking for people with experience in 1 or more of the following areas:
- Board or corporate governance
- Marketing and communications
- Risk management
- Professional or lived experience of mental health or dementia
What you'll do
- Review and maintain the charity's purpose, vision, values and aims
- Develop the strategy and keep the organisation on track with delivering it
- Set up and monitor policies, quality standards and organisational culture, making sure they're in line with its values, aims and objectives
- Make sure the charity functions in line with its legal and financial requirements
- Make sure the charity's accountable and strives to achieve best practice
- Protect and manage the charity's resources
- Make sure the charity's funds are invested properly to achieve its goals
- Make sure the board works effectively, including by making an individual contribution
We're looking for someone with excellent communication skills who has good, independent judgement and a strategic vision.
You'll need to be able to analyse information effectively and challenge appropriately. Ideally, you'll live, or have an understanding of the diverse communities, in Lambeth or Southwark.
How to apply
For more information about the role, and the benefits of working for us, click apply now at the top of this page. This will take you through to the South East London Mind website.