eLearning: Mental health awareness for sport and physical activity + (2023 update)
The online course has been updated for 2023. Updates include:
- Price reduction to £10 (previously £12). We hope this will make it more affordable to more people.
- A new platform which is now fully accessible for screen readers and keyboard navigation.
- Updated statistics based on new and updated research.
- New content on young people, healthy relationships with physical activity and self-care.
Did you know? 1 in 4 people in the UK will experience a mental health problem each year. That could be anyone you see down at your local sports club or leisure centre.
Completing this online course will give you the knowledge, skills and confidence to better understand and support people living with mental health problems. It will also help to create a positive environment that ensures people enjoy the benefits of being active and keep coming back for more.
The course has been developed based on learning from the Get Set to Go programme and our independent evaluation led by Loughborough University.
About the course
The 4 modules - developed in partnership with 1st4sport and UK Coaching, and funded by Sport England and the National Lottery - will increase your knowledge and understanding of mental health, providing you with the practical skills and strategies to be able to:
- Build people's resilience, self-esteem and confidence
- Adapt your sessions to make them more inclusive
- Enable and support mental health recovery
- Tackle stigma and discrimination
The course has been awarded 1.5 Developmental CPD points by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA).
Our face-to-face course
We also deliver Mental Health Awareness for Sport and Physical Activity as a face-to-face course. There are a number of local Minds across England and Wales who are licenced to deliver. You can access the course summary and booking information below. Bookings for this version of the course are made directly to the local Mind.