On this page:
- Learn what peer support and community-based work is
- Read about Mind’s community and peer support projects
- Get resources on how to set up your own group
- Find out how to get involved with the work we do
What is peer support?
Peer support is a powerful way of bringing people together to use their experiences to help each other. It can offer a space to:
- Feel understood and accepted as you are
- Have your voice heard and listen to others
- Give and receive support
Community-led groups are reflective of the community they support. Although groups we work with often identify with our definition of peer support, ‘peer support’ itself is not a universally agreed term.
Therefore, we often use the term ‘community-led work'.
Our work in peer support
Find out about the work we're doing with peer support groups and community-led groups.
Resources and information
Learn more about peer support and how you can set up a group.
There are lots of ways you can get involved in our work.