Fundraising terms and conditions - running and challenge events
Before you start your fundraising for Mind*, you must agree to the terms and conditions below. These terms are a fundraising agreement between you and Mind.
(*The National Association for Mental Health, a charity with its registered office at 2 Redman Place, London E20 1JQ.)
- I understand that the event is not organised by Mind, but by a third-party event organiser. It’s my responsibility to read any terms and conditions issued by the event organiser and comply with these.
- I am medically and physically fit and understand that I take part in this event at my own risk. Mind will not be held responsible for any injury or illness related to my training or taking part in this event.
- I acknowledge that Mind is unable to provide insurance for fundraising activity. And that I am responsible for securing appropriate insurance cover if required for my fundraising activity.
- I understand that the registration fee that I’ve paid is non-refundable under any circumstances. It won’t be counted towards my fundraising target.
- I commit to raising at least the fundraising target specified for my event. I will collect and pay all money I’ve raised to Mind within 4 weeks of the event.
- I acknowledge that all funds raised for Mind are held on trust and I am legally obliged to ensure that Mind receives the donated funds.
- I commit to raising at least:
- For Charity Challenge events - 80% of the fundraising target 12 weeks before the event
- For the London Marathon - 50% of the fundraising target 2 months before the event
- For all other events - 50% of the fundraising target 1 month before the event
- It can take 8-10 weeks for a Gift Aid claim to be processed and for Mind to receive the money from HMRC. For this reason, I understand that Gift Aid won’t count towards my fundraising target.
- I understand that Mind may need to share my name and email address with the event organiser and where necessary, with other third parties involved in the administration of the event. When the event organiser contacts me, I will complete their registration process because I understand this is required to confirm my entry. I understand that if I fail to do this before the specified time, the race organiser won’t allow me to take part in the event and my place will be cancelled. My registration fee will also be non-refundable.
- If I’m unable to take part in this event, I will notify Mind by email as soon as possible.
- I understand that, should I need to defer my place, Mind will allow me to do this providing I meet these criteria:
- I've raised at least 50% of my fundraising target by the date to which I want to defer. I will only be able to defer my place if I have raised at least 50% of the fundraising target.
- I haven’t deferred entry for this event before.
- I've notified Mind of my wish to defer ahead of the deadline. The absolute latest I'm able to defer will be the Friday before the event date.
- I may only defer for one year.
- Once the deferral is confirmed, all money raised will be transferred to next year's event.
- Deferrals are always at the discretion of Mind. The ability to defer a charity place will be dependent on there being enough places in the following year. Mind reserves the right to refuse a deferral.
- I understand that the event is not organised by Mind, but by a third-party event organiser. It’s my responsibility to read any terms and condition issued by the event organiser and comply with these.
- I am medically fit and understand that I take part in this event at my own risk. Mind will not be held responsible for any injury or illness related to my training or taking part in this event.
- I understand that the registration fee that I’ve paid is to the event organiser and that their terms and conditions apply.
- I will do my best to raise money for Mind, especially if I have a set target.
- If I’m unable to take part in this event, I will notify the event organiser and Mind by email as soon as possible.
- I understand that, should I need to defer my place, it’s my responsibility to liaise with the event organiser to arrange this. This will be at their discretion and on their terms. I will let Mind know, so that the money I raise will be counted towards my fundraising target for the following year and they can continue to contact me about my fundraising.
There may be a photographer at this event. This means that photos or videos may be taken of you participating in the event.
Mind may use these photographs or videos for marketing future events online and on print materials, for a period of 5 years. This sometimes includes allowing our partners to use images to publicise our work (for example, an event provider).
If you do not wish your photograph to be taken and/or used, please let us know so that we can make the necessary arrangements. If you have any questions about the use of these images and need more information, please contact [email protected].
If you want to change your details at any time you can do so by emailing [email protected] or calling the team on 020 8215 2243.
The following terms and conditions apply to all Mind fundraisers.
When I’m fundraising for Mind:
- I will give my best efforts to raise money for Mind. I will make clear to those who support my fundraising that the money I raise for Mind will be treated as a donation and used for Mind’s work. I understand that donations are not generally refundable, even if I fail to take part in or withdraw from the event.
- I will fundraise in a way that does not endanger or harm myself, any supporter or member of the public. I will follow any fundraising guidelines provided by Mind.
- I will respect privacy and not fundraise in a way that could be considered persistent or aggressive towards the public.
- I will recognise that when I'm fundraising for Mind, my actions will be linked to Mind and their cause. I will not do anything to bring Mind’s name into disrepute.
- I will make sure that when I’m fundraising for Mind, Mind’s name and registered charity number (219830) are displayed wherever possible.
- I will collect and pay to Mind (charity number 219830) all money raised through my fundraising.
- I will get approval from Mind before using Mind's "in aid of" logo for marketing and communications. I will not use Mind's official logo, which can only be used by the charity and logo license-holders.
- I will get approval from Mind before approaching any companies, press or celebrities to support my activity.
- I will sign the relevant form for the use of collection tins, if required.
- I will not collect donations door-to-door or in a public place without getting a collector's licence from my local authority or police.
- I will not collect donations on private property without the owner's permission. This includes shops and pubs.
- I will not hold a raffle, lottery or prize draw unless it is held as part of a fundraising event. I understand the rules on what I'm allowed to do without a local authority or Gambling Commission licence.
- I will not hold any other type of raffle, lottery or prize draw without first contacting Mind.
- I will not sell alcohol at any event without having the appropriate licence.
- I will not sell goods or services using Mind’s name or logo without first contacting Mind and signing an agreement
- I will not state that my business (or any other business) will be donating to Mind without first contacting Mind and signing an agreement
- I acknowledge that Mind cannot take responsibility for any losses or harm made through my activity or liability arising from my activity
- I will only use Mind-branded fundraising materials that I've been given for the fundraising I've registered. This includes both print and digital materials.
Mind may vary these Terms and Conditions from time to time. The up-to-date terms shall be available on this website.
These Terms and Conditions, and any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with them, are governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.