10 July 2023
2 year contract
37.5 hours per week (negotiable)
£28,587 to £30,484 per year (including inner London weighting)
Mind in Tower Hamlets, Newham and Redbridge – employment advisor
About the role
Mind in Tower Hamlets, Newham and Redbridge (MindTHNR) are delivering an employment support as part of Tower Hamlets Talking Therapies service.
We're looking for 2 employment advisors to work closely with clinicians in Tower Hamlets Talking Therapies.
You'll offer one to one support to help people find, return to, or keep employment.
You'll work directly with Jobcentre Plus, employers, trade Unions and employment agencies to keep people in work and help them find jobs.
What you'll do:
- Coach and mentor clients
- Offer a range of employment support interventions, like developing CVs, or supporting with interviews
- Provide one to one advice
- Work with the IAPT clinical team to give a seamless service to the client
- Work closely with local agencies to find job vacancies
- Work with other agencies the client is already being supported by
- Ensure good communication, planning and workload management
- Keep necessary records around each client and regularly update these
- Act as an ambassador and represent Mind in Tower Hamlets, Newham and Redbridge at external events
You must have:
- Customer Service NVQ level 2 minimum or equivalent or be prepared to work towards this
- Educated to degree level or equivalent work experience
- At least 1 year’s caseload management experience
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience working with employers to support people to gain and retain work
- Experience using client database systems and IT systems
- Experience in offering advice around employment issues including benefits
- An understanding of the barriers to employment for people with mental health problems
- Good understanding of legislation, good practice and guidance around employment rights, disabilities and benefits
- Excellent people skills, building long-term relationships with potential donors or volunteers and persuasively explaining their charity’s cause
- The ability to work unsociable hours during peak campaigns
- The ability to engage with people from all backgrounds
How to apply
For more information and to apply, click apply now at the top of this page.