28 December 2023
At least 1 day a week
Islington Mind – structured intervention support volunteers
About the role
The Structured Intervention Support (SIS) service offers support for people with high and complex needs.
You will be helping service users who experience mental distress in one-to-one settings. You will:
- Help to resettle them in the community on discharge from hospital
- Develop strategies to improve their quality of life and reduce their dependence on services
- Provide personalised support to enable people with complex mental health needs to live independently
We're looking for volunteers who can support people with activities like:
- Taking people to appointments, outings, activities or events
- Organisational and admin tasks, such as help with budgeting, applying for benefits, writing letters, filling out forms, arranging activities and shopping
- Supporting people to maintain their homes by reporting or organising repairs, organising a move, and signposting and referring to services
We ask for a commitment of at least 1 day a week from 9.30am to 5pm for a full year (plus around 2-3 months for DBS check and induction). There are plenty of opportunities to volunteer more than 1 day a week.
Staff benefits include 3 days of training and a fortnightly group supervision session.
How to apply
For more information and to apply, click apply now at the top of this page.