Capitalisation can make a difference to people's understanding, and also affects readability. We follow these conventions to ensure our content is consistent and smooth to read.
Use sentence case in all headings, for example:
- What is stress?
Use title case in campaign and conference names, for example:
- Taking Care of Business
Don't capitalise job titles, for example:
- community mental health nurse
- social worker
Don't capitalise the names of teams, for example:
- community mental health team
Don't capitalise the names of orders or types of treatment, for example:
- community treatment order
- supervised community treatment
- cognitive behavioural therapy
Don't capitalise diagnoses, for example:
- generalised anxiety disorder
- post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Mind Infoline has a capital I.
We use sentence case for BME, like this:
- People who belong to Black and minority ethnic (BME) groups