Training delivery terms and conditions
I am pleased to confirm that Mind will be delivering training and/or consultancy for your organisation.
The following terms and conditions apply:
Mind (the provider) will:
- Provide Mind-approved training as agreed
- Put you in contact with the trainer at the start of the process
- Provide training materials as required for the course. These will be sent to you electronically ahead of training
- Invoice you for any requested printed training materials and post / courier (approximate fee is £4 per pack / per delegate)
- Notify you as soon as possible of any unforeseen cancellations (such as, trainer illness/family emergency/force majeure) and where possible will find a replacement trainer or reschedule the training upon your agreement
You (the client) will:
- Liaise closely with Mind and the trainer prior to delivery to ensure the agreed programme meets your requirements
- Be responsible for promoting the course to your staff and selecting who should attend
- Provide a suitable venue for training
- Ensure our trainer’s health and safety on your site/s (such as, ensuring they know what the emergency evacuation procedures are and any special measure relating to the training site / location)
- Provide a projector and laptop / computer, flip chart and marker pens
- Provide lunch / refreshments during the day (where necessary)
- Distribute course notes to delegates as agreed by Mind and the trainer
- Print evaluation forms for distribution to delegates on the day of training
- Collect completed evaluation forms and return to the trainer at the end of the session - the Trainer will send Mind copies of all collated evaluation forms
- Agree not to distribute course notes and materials to others not attending the training session without prior consent, as these remain the property of Mind
Our in-house training is best delivered to groups of 4 to 16 delegates. This is Mind’s recommendation. Limiting the number to 16 allows for a more interactive session for group work, case study analysis and personal disclosure
The maximum number of participants for any in-house training should not exceed 16 without prior agreement from Mind. Extra delegates may be charged an additional rate (approximate fee is £75 per delegate)
The training team will already have agreed the maximum number of participants for alternative learning activities with you before sending you this agreement. Coaching is usually delivered on a one-to-one basis.
All Mind training is evaluated. Mind will provide evaluation forms for each course or activity. If you wish to use your own evaluation forms in addition to ours, please send a copy to the Training team ahead of your training date.
The fee that has been pre-agreed with you covers all training delivery and course notes.
Trainer expenses will be charged in addition to the fee at the time of invoice (for example, mileage / standard rail fare / overnight accommodation costs if required) from our Trainer’s home address to your venue. Attendance at some meetings may be charged for.
Please note VAT is charged on all of our training, coaching and consultancy, and learning activities.
Cancellation and Postponement
The following conditions apply:
Cancellation with less than 10 working days' notice of training date - 100% charge
Mind requires a minimum of 10 working days' notice if you wish to postpone the course to a later date. Clients are only permitted one postponement and the course must be rescheduled to take place within 3 months of the original date, otherwise the cancellation charges as stated above will apply.
Neither party shall have any liability whatsoever or be deemed to be in default for any delays or failure in performance under these Terms and Conditions (Agreement) resulting from acts beyond the control of that party, including but not limited to, acts of God, acts or regulations of governmental or supranational authority, war or national emergency, terrorist activities, accident or fire.
As an independent mental health charity whose aim is to safeguard the interests of people experiencing mental health problems, our training and consultancy work does not extend to validating or endorsing the work undertaken by organisations Mind has engaged with. To do so would undermine our credibility and could compromise our independence.
Also the Mind name or logo cannot be used for promotional purposes (in company literature / on websites / in communications with external customers) by organisations unless expressly authorised by Mind.
Mind reserves the right to mention by ‘name only’ the companies to whom it has delivered training / consultancy on its website and in promotional literature. However this will not extend to revealing data about specific interventions or the exact nature of the work delivered unless prior permission is granted by the customer.
If you have any questions regarding this contract, please do not hesitate to contact the Training Manager on 020 8215 2418.