We are pleased to deliver Mind Training services for your organisation.
Please read the following important terms and conditions carefully. They will apply to our training delivery and we will require them to be signed by you before we can proceed. Thank you.
The nature of the relationship we propose to have with you as the Client is one of a training service provider. Mind Training is not delivered in ‘partnership’ unless otherwise stated. The following terms and conditions will therefore apply:
Mind (the provider) will:
- provide Mind Training activities as proposed and agreed with our Workplace Wellbeing Services team. Our training courses are delivered face-to-face and our eLearning is available via licence to host on your organisation’s learning management systems. The overarching aim of all of our training and eLearning services is to raise awareness of mental health and wellbeing in the workplace and to benefit everyone, regardless of their employer or industry
- provide electronic copies of post-training materials such as, checklists and signposts relevant to our training course learning
- notify you as soon as possible of any changes, such as, any unforeseen cancellations (trainer illness / emergency / force majeure) and where possible, will find a suitable replacement or reschedule with your agreement
- ensure all information provided by you is treated confidentially.
Once our terms and conditions have been signed, we can introduce you to your assigned Mind trainer/s.
Mind (the provider) will not:
- provide Mind Training services via third parties to be ‘redistributed’ or ‘sold-on’ unless otherwise agreed and stated
- provide Mind Training courses virtually. Our courses are designed to be delivered face-to-face with the exception of our eLearning. Our courses are generally delivered as full days unless otherwise agreed and stated
- provide occupational learning including, training learners to provide any medical advice or guidance, training learners how to diagnose mental health problems, or training learners to segment people or judge eligibility for any service
- permit cobranding or misuse of Mind’s brand. Delivery of Mind Training services to your organisation does not permit any use of Mind’s brand in any way which would mislead the public into the nature or Mind’s relationship with your organisation and / or be detrimental to the good name, goodwill, reputation and image of Mind. Delivery of Mind Training services to your organisation does not permit your organisation to label itself a ‘partner’ of Mind or to list Mind as a charity it ‘supports’
You (the Client) will:
- not cobrand or misuse Mind’s brand, and misrepresent the delivery of Mind Training services to your organisation as a ‘partner’ arrangement with Mind or list Mind as a charity it ‘supports’
- liaise with Mind’s Workplace Wellbeing Services team prior to delivery to ensure the agreed programme of training meets your requirements and you have been provided with all of the necessary information, including relevant rates, dates and timescales, trainer contact details, proposed programme of content (course outline and learning objectives), delivery format, evaluation etc. Please notify us if you believe any specific information is missing
- be responsible for promoting our training to your staff internally, and / or ensuring all relevant colleagues are notified of dates of delivery so they can attend
- provide suitable and accessible facilities for our training to take place such as, sufficient space for all attendees (up to 16 learners), a flipchart stand with paper and pens, technical equipment e.g. laptop, a projector and audio for video content, and any other reasonable materials required to accommodate training delivery and participation
- ensure our trainer’s health and safety on your site/s (ensure they are made aware of emergency evacuation procedures and any special measures relating to the training site / location and access to and from)
- provide lunch / refreshments during training days (where necessary) and inform our trainer/s of where refreshments can be sourced
- distribute post-training materials relevant to learning and as agreed by Mind
- print evaluation forms for the Mind Trainer to distribute to all learners at each training delivery session. Please note that completed evaluation forms cannot be shared with you on site but are required to be returned to Mind directly in order to meet GDPR compliance
- where an alternative evaluation method is used e.g. your organisation’s evaluation form, please provide Mind with copies of the evaluation feedback. This is an important part of how we monitor our training.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Client agrees and acknowledges that Mind owns all the content and therefore copyright of our training courses including, trade marks (registered or unregistered) and other intellectual property rights known now or in the future and used or subsisting in the Course, the Supplier’s registered trademarks MIND and any other articles, resources, evaluations and other materials sent to the Client by Mind (“Mind Materials”).
Mind Materials (including Mind’s trade mark and logo) may only be used by the Client for internal communications to the Client’s employees to promote our training, and by the Attendee’s for personal and non-commercial use. For the avoidance of doubt, the distribution beyond the Mind Training course attendees / learners or commercial exploitation of the Mind Material is expressly prohibited.
The Client shall not amend, modify or alter the Mind Materials to include the Client’s logo or name.
The Client shall ensure that the Attendees (all training participants) do not breach the material use agreed. As soon as the Client becomes aware of any unauthorised use or potential unauthorised use of any Mind Material by any Attendee(s), the Client shall give Mind full written details of such use. Mind shall have the right to require the Client to enforce, enable and assist Mind to enforce the original use agreed.
The Client will indemnify and keep indemnified Mind against all loss, damage and expense (including any legal and other professional expenses) incurred or suffered by Mind directly or indirectly arising (in whole or in part) from any use, reproduction or distribution by the Client (or any person authorised or permitted by the Client) of any part of the Mind Material in a manner not authorised by this Agreement. Mind can cap the indemnity to the entire value of the Services agreed with the Client (e.g. day rates, admin and expenses).
Non-Mind courses could include, Mental Health First Aid and ASIST. IP for both of these courses is owned by MHFA (England and / or Training in Mind in Wales) and Living Works respectively.
Training group numbers
Mind Training is best delivered to groups of between four and 16 people. This is our recommendation. Limiting the number to 16 allows for a more interactive and rewarding learning experience and accommodates more effective group work, case study analysis and personal disclosure.
The maximum number of participants for any Mind Training course should not exceed 16 without prior agreement from Mind’s Workplace Wellbeing Services team. Extra delegates may be permitted but with prior permission from Mind. We may charge an additional rate (approx. £75 per person) for larger groups and this may also impact on the course and content we plan to deliver as a result. If a larger group of people are expected, please notify your Mind Account Manager as soon as possible.
- The fees that have been proposed and agreed with you will cover the training services that have been agreed at the time of signing these terms and conditions. Mind reserves the right to adjust pricing at future dates for training, to ensure sustainability and cost-effectiveness. We will always discuss any plans to amend pricing with you in advance. Please note that fees for other Mind Workplace Wellbeing services will vary such as eLearning, Workplace Wellbeing Index or consultancy
- Trainer expenses are generally included with the fees quoted to you but there are some rare exceptions. If we deem expenses to be exceptional high for Mind to absorb, then we may pass these charges on to you where such exceptional expenses are likely to be incurred e.g. if travel and / or accommodation is excessive across the UK or internationally. Attendance at some development meetings may also be charged for
Please note VAT is charged on all of our Mind Training services and activities.
Cancellation and Postponement
The following conditions apply:
Cancellations: If we receive a cancellation with less than ten working days' notice of the training date, we will apply a 100% charge.
Postponements: Mind requires a minimum of ten working days' notice if you wish to postpone our course/s to an alternative date. Clients are permitted one postponement and the course must be rescheduled to take place within a maximum of six months from the original date, otherwise the cancellation charges as stated above may apply
Force majeure: Neither party shall have any liability whatsoever or be deemed to be in default for any delays or failure in performance under these Terms and Conditions (Agreement) resulting from acts beyond the control of that party, including but not limited to, acts of God, acts or regulations of governmental or supranational authority, war or national emergency, terrorist activities, accident or fire.
As an independent mental health charity whose aim is to safeguard the interests of people experiencing mental health problems, Mind’s Training services do not extend to validating or endorsing work undertaken by other organisations and does not promote products or services devised or delivered by other organisations. To do so would undermine our credibility and could compromise our independence.
Any consultancy undertaken on behalf of, and guidance offered to you, does not constitute an endorsement of content created in collaboration or reviewed. We believe that everyone with a mental health problem should be empowered to make an informed decision about the best type of help or treatment for them. It’s therefore very important to us that the information we provide is accurate, balanced and impartial information, and Mind remains independent
Mind’s name or logo cannot be used for promotional purposes (in company literature / on websites / in communications with external customers) by organisations unless expressly authorised by Mind.
Mind reserves the right to mention by ‘name only’ the companies to whom it has delivered training and eLearning on its website and in promotional communications. However, this will not extend to revealing data about specific interventions or the exact nature of the work delivered unless prior permission is granted by the customer.
Please confirm your agreement with Mind’s Training terms and conditions as set out in this document and ensure this is completed prior to your programme development and delivery.
If you have any questions regarding our terms and conditions, please contact your allocated Account Manager or Services and Product Development Manager via [email protected]