Who is it for?
Our Mental health at work module is suitable for all employees.
It can also be used in a number of different ways, such as, supporting conversations about mental health within your workplace, inspiring your own colleague-led workshops or activities focused on mental health, or part of an induction programme for new employees. It can also act as a refresher for colleagues who have undergone mental health training previously.
We would always encourage a blended approach to raising awareness of mental health in order to support a more rounded and comprehensive learning experience for employees.
What our eLearning covers
Our Mental health awareness at work 45-minute interactive module is best completed in one sitting and contains both audio and visual elements.
It covers the following topics:
- Introduction to mental health and wellbeing
- Overview of common mental health problems - depression, anxiety and stress
- The role of mental health in our working lives
- Stigma and how it impacts on our mental health
- Raising awareness of workplace wellbeing
- Tips on self-care
- Potential triggers of poor mental health in the workplace
- Building resilience
- Supporting others
- Sign posts to support and information.
Coming soon! eLearning for managers
Our Positive mental health in the workplace eLearning is designed specifically to support managers. It includes six modules with each one lasting 20 to 30 minutes. The modules can be completed progressively at your own pace and cover the following topics:
- To start, we recommend some pre-reading, which includes an introduction to mental health, why mental health matters, and stigma (including tips on how to challenge).
We also outline pre-reading on a range mental health problems, for example, on depression, anxiety, phobias, obsessive-compulsive disorder and more. We also outline key statistics on mental health in the workplace.
- Module 1 - mental health and you
Introduction, and how to manage your own mental health
- Module 2 - how to promote wellbeing and tackle the work-related causes of mental health problems
How to promote wellbeing, tackling work-related causes of mental health problems, how to take stock of wellbeing at various levels, and managerial styles and tips for managers
- Module 3 - how to support staff who are experiencing a mental health problem
How to broach conversations about mental health, spotting signs and symptoms, handling disclosure, supporting employees, and managing return to work
- Module 4 - mental health in practice
Developing and implementing peer support initiatives, addressing performance issues, and embedding mental health into business as usual.