A meeting to support lived experience campaigning and influencing local areas around mental health across England and/or Wales
We have heard from former Time to Change champions and newsletter guest editors that they want to create a space where people with lived experience can:
- Work together on joint campaigns and or projects co-designed by them
- Support each other by sharing mutual experiences of campaigning and influencing
- Support Mind’s understanding of what is needed to support grassroots campaigning and lived experience led projects
- Lead the creation of a space to achieve the above
To support these goals we are recruiting six people with lived experience to develop, shape and implement a quarterly lived experience meeting. The meeting will be a space for people with lived experience of mental health problems who are active across England and/or Wales campaigning and influencing mental health locally and nationally. We hope to continue these meetings beyond March 2022 but this is subject to funding. If there is new funding another facilitator team will be recruited.
What does it involve?
- As a group of six, you will be planning three meetings from October 2021 - March 2022.
- You will meet -3-4 times before the first meeting to plan but will be meeting 2-3 times between other meetings.
- Planning meetings will last 60 – 90 minutes and will take place on Zoom.
- You will plan meetings, content and discussions as well as co-facilitate them and write communications to promote them to others.
- Quarterly meetings are likely to be 1 - 1.5 hrs in length
Preliminary dates for meetings:
- Planning meetings: 6 pm Wednesday 6th, 13th, and 20th October 2021
- 1st Quarterly meeting: 6 pm Wednesday 27th October 2021
- Planning meeting: November to December 2021
- 2nd Quarterly meeting: December 2021 to January 2022
- Planning meetings: January to March 2022
- 3rd Quarterly meeting: March 2022
Who are we looking for?
- You must have lived experience of mental health problem(s)
- People who are passionate about campaigning and or influencing mental health in your local community
- Be willing to make decisions as a group. Find out more on consensus decision-making
- Some familiarity with Zoom and access to the internet is essential.
- Experience facilitating meetings is desirable but not essential.
What support can we offer?
You will be paid £230 for each meeting period. This covers up to 7 hours of your time with some preparation, planning meetings, post meetings, and the meeting itself.
All meetings will be attended by at least one member of the Mind Lived Experience team.
To make sure you are fully equipped for the role we will send documents by email, be at all the meetings for support and arrange any additional support needs on an individual basis.
How to apply:
To apply please fill in this form.
Please complete this by Midnight Sunday 12th September 2021
We aim to get back to everyone who applied by Friday 24th September.
If you would like to submit your interest in an alternative format or have any other questions about this opportunity please email Chris or Yusuf through [email protected].
We will use the questions to shortlist candidates and the demographic forms to make sure that the panel is diverse. There will not be an interview process and we will not accept CVs.