Would you like to be involved in shaping Mind’s communications for LGBT History Month?
What's the opportunity?
We are excited to celebrate key awareness dates on our social media channels and with our funders and supporters. For LGBT history month 2022, we are keen to work with people who have lived experiences of mental health problems. Your shared experiences will help shape what we share on social media and with our funders and supporters.
We hope to create relatable content that resonates with our key audiences. We would like to work with three people from the LGBTIQ+ communities to:
- Be involved in the development of our key messages
- Help shape the content that we put together on our social channels
- Work with us to decide the best channels for our content
- Share your expertise from your lived experience
- Be involved in other content we might put together, for example, content in our Membership magazine or an animation
- Liaise with other organisations we hope to partner with
- Work with us during November, most of December and January
- Be comfortable attending three meetings lasting one hour each, then have communication over email after that.
To take part, you must:
- have lived experience of mental health problems;
- identify as either Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, Intersex, Queer, Pansexual, Asexual or Non-Binary;
- live in England or Wales;
- be happy to be involved exclusively online;
- be comfortable speaking to people external to Mind when necessary;
- be able to work with people from a range of teams at Mind;
- have a keen interest in equality;
- attend three online meetings, each lasting an hour, across November (10th November 3:30 4:30pm, 16th November 11am to 12pm, 22nd November 4pm to 5pm) to decide on content; and
- be capable of working flexibly and responding to Mind staff over email within five working days when content is being reviewed
Our way of saying thanks
We anticipate that you will work with us for about 5.5-7 hours from November to January. You will be paid £100 as a thank you for your time and insights.
How to get involved
Please send a completed application form and demographic monitoring form, both found below, to Kate Wainwright [email protected] by the 3rd of November. If you would like the application form in a different format, feel free to let us know.
Kate Wainwright (Equity Innovation Officer) and Niall McCrohan (Communications and Copywriting Officer) will select the successful candidate. Your application form will form the basis of our decision.
We will get back to you as soon as possible to inform you if you have been successful or not. If you aren't selected, we know it might be disappointing. Please keep an eye out for other opportunities at Mind that might be of interest to you.
Please indicate on your application form if you would be interested in hearing about creating a blog/vlog if unsuccessful for this opportunity.
If you have any questions, please get in contact with Kate Wainwright [email protected]