16 July 2021
We won’t give up until everyone experiencing a mental health problem gets both support and respect. We provide advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem. We campaign to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding.
We would like to hear from you if you have:
• Previous experience in policy, campaigns or public affairs.
• Understanding and experience of using a range of influencing and campaigning techniques.
• Knowledge of local, UK Government structures, and UK Parliament and experience of influencing them.
• Ability to take decisions based on good judgement and flexibility to change direction as needed.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and a supporting statement. Your statement should be up to 2 pages long (no more than 900 words), answering the following questions:
1. What is your motivation and connection to work for Mind and this role specifically?
2. From what you know from the opportunity, what skills and experience would you bring that will enable you to be successful in this role?
3. Can you talk about your experience in policy, campaigning or politics? Where have you utilised this experience to create change?
This position will initially, in line with current and potentially future guidance, be based from home. Post lockdown this role will retain some flexibility but post holders will be expected to be in the office a minimum of two days thereafter (or more, depending on the arrangements of your team)
We value the power of diversity. We embrace the different perspectives that each of us bring. We are creating an inclusive working environment where everyone is appreciated for being authentic and bringing their whole selves to work regardless of race, gender, age, religion, identity and experience.
We are committed to becoming truly anti-racist in everything we do and ensuring that all our employees are treated fairly and equitably at work and promoting equity in physical and mental health for all.
Our strategy has becoming an anti-racist organisation right at the centre of our work. For more information please visit click on the button below.
For more information and a full person specification, please check on the Job Description button below. To apply, please click on the Apply Now button on the top left of the screen.
If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, please contact our HR team [email protected] who will be happy to support you.
Our values underpin everything we do. They are:
To get to know us a little better and more information on working at Mind, including our benefits, please click the button below