The purpose of this post is to be a key member of staff delivering the Night Light Mental Health Crisis Service, alongside the management and support of staff.
Key Responsibilities (Service & Staff)
- Encouraging a culture of continuous performance improvement at both an individual and service level.
- Building a cooperative and collaborative team that is flexible and adaptable to changing requirements.
- Assigning work to team members, monitoring and supervising the day-to-day delivery and quality standards of the work.
- Providing professional guidance and coaching on case management
- Providing effective coaching to team members in the required technical and behavioural competencies.
- Monitoring team’s performance to ensure it meets expectations and agreed performance criteria, reporting variances to the Team Leader.
- Participating in training and development opportunities as agreed with the Team Leader.
- Overseeing and ensuring the development, delivery and review of client-focused interventions.
- To provide monthly line management, supervision and appraisal for staff.
- To assist with the recruitment of staff contributing to their induction and professional development.
- Act as a positive role model showing professional and caring attitudes and behaviour towards other team members, service users and carers.
- Work in a way that acknowledges personal, social, cultural and spiritual strengths and needs of the individual.
- Working with the Helpline Coordinator to offer telephone support to service users who are experiencing a crisis, providing guidance and signposting to appropriate services and organisations.
- Ensuring that a collaborative approach is used, with effective communication links developed with external professional NHS services such as Crisis Assessment and Treatment Team, Emergency Duty Teams, Community Mental Health Teams, RAID. This will also require relationships to be developed with emergency services especially the Police.
- To work as an effective member of any multi-disciplinary team.
- Being a member of the shift rota.
- Monitoring team’s expenditure.
- Attending meetings on behalf of the Team Leader.
- Being the first point of contact in the absence of the Team Leader
To apply, please submit your CV and a supporting statement as to why you are suitable for the role to Lisa Nicholson, Head of Operations at [email protected]. T
he application pack with Job Advertisement, Job Description and Person Specification can be dowloaded from our website here
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 17th January 2020 by 5pm. We will close the advert prior to this date if we receive sufficient applications.
Interview dates TBC.