Mind in West Essex - Sanctuary Support Workers
About the role
The objectives of the Mind in West Essex Sanctuary are:
To improve the mental wellbeing of people experiencing mental health crisis in West Essex.
- To increase early access to help for people experiencing mental health crisis by providing a clear and effective pathway to services provided.
- To contribute to an improvement in individual mental wellbeing.
- To remain a source of independent support for all clients.
- To reduce the use of police, ambulance and statutory mental health services for people experiencing crisis.
- To contribute to the effective delivery of Crisis Support in partnership with Essex Partnership University NHS Trust.
- To support a small number of people requiring practical and emotional support in a supportive safe environment as an alternative to hospital admission.
- To welcome people referred to the service and address immediate presenting issues.
- To support service users to develop emotional management, personal and life skills to enable them to grow in self-confidence and attain greater independence.
- To develop links with a range of external agencies, including, accommodation providers, health services, police, housing, debt advice, drug & alcohol services etc.
- To ensure the safety of service users.
- To work effectively with other members of the team and to work supportively with other co-workers when on shift.
How to apply
Please visit our website https://www.mindinwestessex.org.uk/get-involved/vacancies/
to download and complete an application pack