Tuesday 27th and Wednesday 28th April 2021
12.00 noon Tuesday 20th April
Full Time or Part Time (28hrs p/wk)
£27, 180, per annum inclusive of ILW
NJC SCP currently 15
North East London
We are looking to recruit an experienced, creative, and passionate person to provide information, signposting and support as interventions within our Community Suicide Prevention Hub. This is a newly funded Suicide Prevention Hub operating across North East London and in partnership with the North East London Foundation Trust. The Community Hub is delivered in partnership with three Local Mind Associations, Mind in Hackney, City and Waltham Forest, Mind in Havering and Barking and Dagenham and Mind in Tower Hamlets, Newham, and Redbridge.
The Connector Project Worker will:
· Support people to access the Navi8 App, the training resources, support from community services and where necessary contact statutory services.
· Help improve the mental wellbeing of people experiencing mental health crisis in North East London Boroughs.
· Increase early access to help for people experiencing suicidal ideation by providing a clear and effective pathway to services.
· Contribute to an improvement in individual mental wellbeing.
· Remain a source of independent support for all clients.
· Help reduce the use of police, ambulance and statutory mental health services for people who may be experiencing suicidal ideation.
· Contribute to the effective delivery of the service in partnership with all stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have:
· Relevant training in suicide prevention, counselling, social work, occupational therapy, or mental health
· Minimum of 1 year working in mental health services, talking therapies, similar complex needs service
· Demonstrable experience of working in multi-cultural communities and a commitment to equal opportunities, and anti-discriminatory practices
· Demonstrable experience of signposting, navigation and ‘warm transfer’ of people to local services.
· Creative and flexible approach to working with individuals
To apply for this role, the application pack can be downloaded via our website, https://www.mithn.org.uk/get-involved/work-for-us/ alternatively you can request an application pack by email to: [email protected] , quoting reference CSPH CP