To support the provision of the Mind in Harrow Information Service and Support & Wellbeing Information Service Harrow (SWiSH), as appropriate for a volunteer role, between opening hours 9.30am and 5pm Mon-Fri, except on public holidays. Candidates would initially be asked for a face to face interview if they meet the criteria and would be expected to attend three weekday training days in September 2019. Failure to attend any of the training days, will result in a voluntary role not being offered.
- Telephone Information Line
- To provide support (listening ear) to callers
- To provide signposting options on the phone, via email or post to callers on local and national services relating to mental health problems
- To uphold the confidentiality policy of the service
- To keep relevant records of calls and fulfil required administration procedures in line with Mind in Harrow policy
- To conduct an initial risk assessment of callers, as appropriate, and refer to Senior Duty Cover to support any person potentially at risk.
- Able to provide two satisfactory references and Enhanced DBS application with documentation
- Ability to listen
- Possess a non-judgmental attitude and have capacity to learn and self-reflect
- Some prior understanding of mental health would be desirable
- Ability to support people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Competent in the use of computer - Word, email & online research
- Willing to commit a minimum of four hours per week for a period of 1 year
- Reliable, flexible, empathetic
Our Application form can be downloaded from our website : http://www.mindinharrow.org.uk/volunteering-opportunities.asp#swish Completed applications to be sent directly to [email protected]