Mind in Haringey is looking to recruit Peer Support coaches for this rapidly expanding service. The service aims to help people experience, with assistance from specially trained peer support coaches, a greater sense of fulfilment and wellbeing, through lifestyle choices that they have chosen and applied to their lives.
- Do you know what it feels like to go through emotionally difficult times or live with mental health issues?
- Are you driven by a strong desire to make a real difference in people’s lives?
- Do you want to help others live an independent, fulfilling and healthy life, on their terms for as long as possible?
- Are you an excellent communicator and team player?
If the answers to these questions are yes, we could have the perfect personal development opportunity for you.
We are looking for people who can:
- Act as positive role models and provide 1-2-1 time-limited and structured support for people living independently with a mental health condition.
- Use their lived experience of managing mental health issues to provide empathy, support and inspiration to others.
- Commit to being a peer support coach for a minimum of 6 months.
In return we will offer you:
- A place on an accredited Mental Health First Aid course
- Opportunities to undertake further learning
- Regular coaching & appraisal sessions
- Expert supervision & peer support
- Access to wellbeing activities and programmes delivered by the Haringey Wellbeing Network and its partners
- Recognition of your voluntary contributions to others by receiving time credits provided by our partner, Tempo.
The training, support and supervision you will receive will provide you with the skills and experience not only to work on this project, but also could be valuable for other roles that you may be seeking in the future. You will also join a fantastic team of volunteers with a range of life experiences.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
If you want to know more about this opportunity or want to apply, please contact either James Simpson, HWN Peer Support Project Worker at [email protected] or Pritty Rana, HWN Service Manager at [email protected]
Closing date for applications: 18th March January 2020.
advert HWN Peer Support Coach.pdf
HWN peer support coach role description.pdf
Vision Statement HWN Peer Support Coach Service.pdf
Volunteer Application Form HWN Peer Support Coach.pdf