Islington Mind Enablement Service offers Islington residents who experience mental health problems the opportunity to work in a focused way on an 8 week programme designed with them to help them to develop strategies to improve their quality of life and reduce their dependence on statutory services.
We are looking for volunteers who can support people with activities for at least 3 hours per week. Activities such as:
- escorting people to appointments/outings/activities or events
- organisational and administrative tasks - help with budgeting; understanding/applying for welfare benefits; letter writing and form filling; arranging activities/appointments; planning the use of other services such as shopping.
- supporting people to maintain their homes - reporting/organising repairs; organising a move; signposting and referring to services and activities.
Staff benefits include Volunteers will receive 4 days of training and a fortnightly group supervision.
What you will gain from this role:
- Free accredited Mental Health First Aid training
- On the job training and supervision
- Support with professional development
- Work references provided after completion of one year volunteering
- Travel expenses reimbursed (within London)
How to apply: Please read the Role Description carefully and if you feel you are able to commit to the requirements of the position, we would love to hear from you. Please return the completed volunteer application form, along with a copy of your CV to [email protected]
Enablement Volunteer Application Form
Enablement Volunteer JD
If you have questions, please contact [email protected]
T: 0203 301 9863
Closing date: on-going