Working in partnership with Turning Point and Herts Young Homeless to deliver the Complex Needs Service. To work as a key member of the team in delivering this service. To support the line manager to meet the statutory requirements of the service specification and prepare for all internal and external service audits/ inspections.
Turning Point and Herts Young Homeless work as a partnership to provide community support to people recovering from mental health issues and additional complex needs, including substance misuse and learning disabilities. The service will offer a range of support to promote personal recovery and independence including:
- 1:1 outreach support from dedicated Keyworker/co-worker providing solution-focused support with practical issues including such as finances/housing/employment.
- Crisis Planning – promoting self-management through individuals building an understanding of their own triggers/coping strategies.
- Active Referrals/Signposting – working with individuals to identify resources/services to meet their needs and providing appropriate support to access these effectively.
- Group-work – delivering courses that support self-management recovery, including: Mindfulness/Assertiveness/Keeping Well/Stress Management/Problem Solving/Crisis Management.
- Peer Support – Strength-based approach concentrating on the inherent strengths of an individual to aid recovery and empowerment.
- Extended dual diagnosis support
- Whole family approach
To find out more about the role and to apply, please visit our website: