Herts Mind Network is recruiting for a Crisis Support Worker to deliver the new Hertfordshire Crisis service.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for Crisis Support Workers within Hertfordshire Mind Network’s Crisis Service – Nightlight. The service operates throughout Hertfordshire. You will need to be self-motivated and a team player, with excellent communication skills. The post will be based at Watford, Hemel Hempstead or Ware and will require working throughout Hertfordshire.
The service will provide a sanctuary and safe haven for service users who are experiencing a crisis. We will create a warm, welcoming and homely environment which is somewhere for service users to relax and feel safe, where they can use the facilities and know that skilled and experienced staff are on hand to listen to them and offer support and advice if needed. The service will offer a range of support to promote recovery and independence including:
• 1:1 or group support to work through the crisis, identifying causes, positive solutions and building coping strategies
• Practical coaching strategies to help service users cope with things such as anxiety, stress, panic attacks, voices, confusion, paranoia, suicidal thoughts, self-harm, abuse, depression, worrying thoughts and mood swings
• Advice, information and support to access help with finances, benefits and housing to improve the individual’s ability to live independently
• Effective onward referral and signposting to services that will meet their needs and reduce the likelihood of future crises
• A helpline to support service users who are experiencing mental health crisis
An application pack is available to download at www.hertsmindnetwork.org
For more information contact 02037 273600 (Option 1) or email email@example.com
An approved enhanced DBS check is required for this post
Closing date for applications: 22nd March 2018 at 5pm
Interviews: wb 26th March 2018