Coastal West Sussex Mind is a local mental health charity committed to promoting mental well-being in local communities and supporting the recovery and independence of individuals that we provide support to.
We believe that people who have or have had lived experience of mental health problems can often be best placed to support people who are struggling with their mental health. We are looking for someone who shares this belief to lead peer mentoring within the charity.
The successful applicant will:
- Champion and develop peer mentoring within the charity
- Plan, deliver and evaluate our Laser accredited peer mentoring training at least twice over the 12-month period
- Support and lead a pathway into and out of training for new peer mentors
- Support existing peer mentors in undertaking their roles
- Work alongside managers and operational staff to promote the value of peer support in our service delivery
A formal qualification in training/adult learning (e.g. PTLLS) is essential for this role.
There is some flexibility in the number of hours and days worked which could be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Although we would prefer to recruit someone to join our staff team we are also prepared to consider enquiries from independent trainers who wish to solely deliver the peer mentoring training course.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The closing date for applications is: Wednesday 7th February 2018 at 9.00
Interview: Tuesday 20th February 2018
Further information and an application pack is available from website: www.coastalwestsussexmind.org .Please clearly express your available hours on your application form.