We are looking for a new Chair to provide leadership and ensure that the Board fulfils its responsibilities for providing strategic direction and efficient governance of Sheffield Mind. You will be responsible for maintaining an effective working relationship between the Board and the senior management team as well as managing the CEO, helping him/her to achieve the aims of the organisation. Ideally, but not essentially, the candidate will have knowledge and experience of managing HR issues.
The duties of the Chair include the following:
- Provide leadership and direction to the Board of Trustees and enable the Board to fulfil their responsibilities for the overall governance and strategic direction of the organisation.
- Ensure that the organisation pursues its objects as defined in its governing document, charity law, company law and other relevant legislation/regulations.
- Work in partnership with the Chief Executive / senior management team and support the employees, helping them achieve the aims of the organisation.
- Facilitate the board of trustees in stimulating excellent, well-rounded and carefully considered strategic decision-making.
- Contribute on an occasional basis to key HR activities such as senior appointments and grievance hearings.
Approximate time commitment : 3 days per month
- 6 x Board meetings per annum, 6-8pm
- 2-4 special Board/planning meetings per annum
- 12 supervision / planning meetings per annum with CEO
- Occasional briefing meetings with staff
- Regular input and advice when needed, via email or phone, on a range of issues
If you are interested in applying for the role, click here for further details and an application pack or call the office on 0114 258 4489