A massive thanks to all of you who completed our survey to help steer Mind's strategy over the coming years.
Since the end of last year, we have been consulting as widely as possible to inform and shape our Strategic Plan for 2012–16. Over 2,400 Mind staff, volunteers, members and people with an interest in mental health completed our survey.
Over 2,400 people responded to the consultation survey; 78% had direct experience of mental distress.
Key issues identified
- stigma and discrimination (‘normalising’ mental distress)
- development and support of local Mind associations and their services
- raising awareness and education about mental distress
- promoting wellbeing, prevention and recovery
- monitoring and improving service provision
- promoting social inclusion via the lobbying of government.