Would you like to join Mind Cymru's governance committee?
Mind Cymru’s governance committee, Pwyllgor Cymru, is holding elections starting in June 2011.
The deadline for submissions of election forms is 5pm on Friday 2 September 2011.
We are looking for people who are:
- Living in Wales
- Members of Mind or a local Mind association (if you are not a member of Mind and would like to be please contact the membership team)
- Committed to Mind’s aims, objectives, mission and values
- Interested in mental health issues
- Able to attend meetings on a Thursday and Friday in January plus 3 other meetings on a Thursday in Cardiff (April, July and October) and one meeting on a Friday and Saturday in Wrexham per year. (travel expenses will be paid for by Mind Cymru)
- Able to understand complex written documents, to have good independent judgement with an ability to communicate clearly and sensitively in discussions.
- Able to understand the principles and processes of user involvement.
We particularly welcome members from diverse backgrounds and with experience of mental distress.
We require at least 50% of Pwyllgor Cymru members to have lived experience of mental distress. We would like to encourage everyone who is interested to apply and particularly if you are under 29 or have an interest in the Welsh language.
In return Mind Cymru will provide you with:
- A full induction and an induction folder
- Support to develop within the role
- Development meetings
If you are interested in nominating yourself or someone else for election please email [email protected] and we will send you out an election pack.
Please note that if you want to nominate someone else you must get their permission first. If you have any queries about the election please send them to the same email address.