This page refers to our campaign for the General Election in 2017. Find out more about what we’re asking for in the 2019 General Election and how you can get involved. It’s time for leaders to press play on mental health.
- Labour will ring-fence mental health budgets and ensure funding reaches the frontline.
- We will end the scandal of children being treated on adult mental health wards and stop people being sent across the country, to secure the treatment they need by bringing forward the ending of out-of-area placements to 2019.
- We will ensure that everyone with a long-term condition will have the right to a specialised care plan and access to condition-management education.
- Labour will scrap the punitive sanctions regime and change how Jobcentre Plus staff are performance managed.
- We will implement the court decision on Personal Independence Payment (PIP) so that there is real parity of esteem between those with physical and mental-health conditions.
- Scrap the Work Capability and PIP assessments and replace them with a personalised, holistic assessment process that provides each individual with a tailored plan.
- Give all workers equal rights from day one, whether part-time or full-time, temporary or permanent.
Read the Labour manifesto