Employer support

You might want to find out if your employer has specialist support available to help you deal with the effects of PTSD.

This could include formalised support following a traumatic event, such as:

  • Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD)
  • Trauma Risk Management (TRiM)

A different TRiM assessor then came to see me informally and tried to help me organise my thoughts. He had been an EMD himself, and understood what I was going through. Emergency medical dispatcher, ambulance service

Or there may be more general support services available, for example:

  • occupational health unit
  • Employee Assistance Support helpline
  • counselling, support or advice services
  • peer support groups
  • multi-faith chaplaincy.

Blue Light Infoline

Get confidential support and signposting

> Find out more

Research reports

Use our learning to benefit team 999 mental health

> Download now


Access our films, case studies and more

> Access now