Get help now Make a donation

Holidays and respite care

Information about support available to help you to go on holiday.

Charities that run holiday break schemes

These organisations run holiday break schemes for people with disabilities and their carers, or people who would not otherwise be able to have a holiday. 

Useful contacts


Some local Minds offer inclusive group holidays for their members, while others offer financial assistance to members towards the cost of a holiday. For further details call the Mind Infoline on 0300 123 3393 or use our search tool to find Mind in your area.

Calvert Trust
The Calvert Trust is a charity with several locations across the UK that enables people with physical, learning, behavioural and sensory disabilities to experience exciting, challenging and enjoyable outdoor holiday activities

Mothers' Union
The Away From It All Holiday Scheme finds suitable holidays for anyone who is under stress and who would not otherwise be able to have a holiday. Funds are limited, but the Union aims to fund part of the cost of a break. On average, 550 families are helped each year. Individuals can apply, but the application needs to be supported by a social worker, doctor, clergyman or head teacher.


0303 303 0145
Revitalise (which was formed from The Winged Fellowship) provides holidays for people with visual impairment, physical disabilities, learning difficulties or Alzheimer's disease, and their carers. The holidays are subsidised,and 24-hour care is provided. Brochures can be obtained via the website.

This information was published in November 2016.

References are available on request. If you would like to reproduce any of this information, see our page on permissions and licensing.

Share this information

arrow_upwardBack to Top