Join Team Mind today. It's your challenge, your way.
27 January 2024
28 January 2024
Full marathon challenge
Fundraising target £300
Registration fee £15
Half Marathon challenge
Fundraising target £225
Registration fee: £10
10km challenge fundraising
Fundraising target £150
Registration fee £5
About the event
A great event to kick start your new year fitness regime!
There are full marathon, half marathon and 10km options, all starting and finishing at the Oval cricket ground on Saturday 27 and Sunday 28 January 2024.
Take in the Thames, its historic bridges, and many of the capital’s key landmarks. Families are welcome too.
You'll get full support and hospitality from the event organisers Action Challenge every step of the way:
- A fully signed route.
- A free winter bobble hat and neck buff.
- Regular rest stops.
- Free hot food, snacks and drinks.
- A medal and certificate at the finish.
Whether it’s to enjoy an active day out with friends or colleagues, or to maintain a new year fitness regime, there’s a London Winter Walk for you!
Join as an individual or as a team and set yourself up for an active new year.
This event is strictly walking only. No jogging or running is allowed.
For more information about the event, head to the Ultra challenge website.
Sign up and funding options
1. Charity sponsorship
As we are an official charity partner, if you sign up and commit to fundraise for us you’ll get 50% off the standard charity place registration fee.
You pay a small registration fee, do lots of fundraising and we cover the cost of your event place:
- 10km: Registration fee £5. Fundraising target £150.
- Half marathon: Registration fee £10. Fundraising target £225.
- Full marathon: Registration fee £15. Fundraising target £300.
2. Mixed funding
Pay half of the event place cost yourself, fundraise a bit less and we pay the balance of the event place cost.
- 10km: Registration fee £25. Fundraising target £75.
- Half marathon: Registration fee £40. Fundraising target £120.
- Full marathon: Registration fee £50. Fundraising target £150.
3. Self fund
You pay the full cost of the event place and fundraise whatever you want. There's no set target or deadline, and there’s no cost at all to Mind.
- 10km: £49
- Half marathon: £75
- Full marathon: £99
How we'll support you
As well as the hospitality you'll receive from our event organisers Action Challenge, we offer our walkers a fantastic support package, including:
- Loads of training and fundraising advice, with regular email updates
- A Mind technical top
- A dedicated and experienced event coordinator, who will provide information and support in the run-up to your event
Trekking across Iceland for mental health - Maria's story
"We knew that the challenge was going to be difficult. 58km covering volcanic rock, miles upon miles of thick snow, ice cold river crossings with steep ascents and descents that pack a punch on the knees. But we've supported each other through mental health problems; we can support each other through anything"
Where does the money go?
people in the UK will experience a mental health problem in any given year
queries answered by our helplines in 2022-2023
times someone accessed our mental health information in 2022 - 2023