Join Team Mind today. It's your challenge, your way.
14 September 2024
15 September 2024
Full challenge (100km)
Fundraising target - £575
Registration fee - £20
3 Quarter challenge (75km)
Fundraising target - £450
Registration fee: £17.50
Half challenge (50km)
Fundraising target - £360
Registration fee - £15
Quarter challenge (25km)
Fundraising target - £240
Registration fee: £10
Fundraising target - £100
Registration fee: £5
About the event
Take on the Thames Path Challenge following England's greatest river. Most will walk, many will jog, some will run, and all have special reasons to push themselves.
Our full Thames Path Challenge 100km route heads from Putney Bridge past Hampton Court to Runnymede of Magna Carta at 50km, then on past wonderful historic scenery all the way to Henley. With 75km three-quarter, 50km half challenge, 25km or 10km challenge options - there's a challenge for everyone.
You can walk, jog or run as an individual or a team, with full support and hospitality all the way.
What to expect
Your entry to the event includes:
- Free food and drink
- Support from medics and marshals
- Massage teams
- A glass of fizz, t-shirt, and a special medal to celebrate your achievement as you cross the finish line
You'll get full support and hospitality from the event organisers Action Challenge every step of the way. At the event, you can expect:
- A fully signposted route
- Rest stops every 12.5km
- Shuttle and transfer services (bookable on the Ultra Challenge website).
All levels of experience are welcome. You can walk, run or jog. You may also walk at your own pace for over 24 hours if needed.
To register and find out more, go to the Thames Path Challenge page on the Ultra Challenge website.
Sign up and fundraising options
1. Charity sponsorship
You pay a small registration fee, do lots of fundraising and we cover the cost of your event place.
As we are an official charity partner, if you sign up and commit to fundraising for us, you’ll get 50% off the standard charity place registration fee.
- 100km: £20 - fundraising target: £575
- 75km: £17.50 - fundraising target: £450
- 50km: £15 - fundraising target: £360
- 25km: £10 - fundraising target: £240
- 10km: £5 - fundraising target: £100
2. Mixed funding
Pay half of the event place cost yourself, fundraise a bit less and we pay the balance of the event place cost.
- 100km: £110 - fundraising target: £300
- 75km: £90 - fundraising target: £270
- 50km: £75 - fundraising target: £225
- 25km: £50 - fundraising target: £160
- 10km: £22.50 - fundraising target: £70
3. Self fund
You pay the full cost of the event place and fundraise whatever you want. There's no set target or deadline and no cost at all to Mind.
- 100km: £198
- 75km: £169
- 50km: £139
- 25km: £89
- 10km: £39
How we'll support you
As well as hospitality from our event organisers Action Challenge, we also offer all our fundraisers a fantastic support package, including:
- Loads of training and fundraising advice, with regular email updates
- A Mind technical top
- A dedicated and experienced event coordinator who will provide information and support in the run-up to your event
Find out more about the route, support and hospitality on the Thames Path Challenge page on the Ultra Challenge website.
Trekking across Iceland for mental health - Maria's story
"We knew that the challenge was going to be difficult. 58km covering volcanic rock, miles upon miles of thick snow, ice cold river crossings with steep ascents and descents that pack a punch on the knees. But we've supported each other through mental health problems; we can support each other through anything."
Where does the money go?
people in the UK will experience a mental health problem in any given year
queries answered by our helplines in 2022-2023
times someone accessed our mental health information in 2022 - 2023