04 May 2024
05 May 2024
Full challenge (106km)
Fundraising target - £575
Registration fee - £20
3 quarter distance (82km)
Fundraising target - £450
Registration fee - £17.50
Half challenge (52km)
Fundraising target - £360
Registration fee - £15
Quarter challenge (25km)
Fundraising target - £240
Registration fee: £10
10 Mile distance
Fundraising target - £100
Registration fee - £5
About the event
Great challenges need great settings - and none are better than the Island's coastal path. 2,000 adventurers of all experience levels will walk, jog or run the Isle of Wight Challenge in 2024 - and go all out to push themselves further. You can pick your distance, with 10 mile, 25km, 52km, 82km and the full 106km challenge to choose from!
It's along the spectacular southern cliffs, past the iconic Needles and up to historic Cowes at the half way stop. For Full Island challengers it's on to the cliffs of Ventnor, and back to the welcome Base Camp in Chale after an epic 106km journey.
You can walk, jog or run as an individual or a team, with full support and hospitality all the way.
To find out more about the challenge, head to the Ultra Challenge website.
Sign up and fundraising options
As we are an official partner on this event, you get a 50% discount on the ‘Full Sponsorship’ registration fee when signing up to support us.
You pay a small registration fee, do lots of fundraising and we cover the cost of your event place.
- 106km: £20 registration fee. Fundraising target - £575
- 82km: £17.50 registration fee. Fundraising target - £450
- 52km: £15 registration fee. Fundraising target - £360
- 25km: £10 registration fee. Fundraising target - £240
- 10 miles: £5 registration fee. Fundraising target - £100
Pay half of the event place cost yourself, fundraise a bit less and we pay the balance of the event place cost.
- 106km: £110 registration fee. Fundraising target - £300
- 82km: £90 registration fee. Fundraising target - £270
- 52km: £75 registration fee. Fundraising target - £225
- 25km: £50 registration fee. Fundraising target - £160
- 10 miles: £22.50 registration fee. Fundraising target - £70
You pay the full cost of the event place and fundraise whatever you want. There's no set target or deadline and no cost at all to Mind.
- 100km: £198 registration fee.
- 82km: £169 registration fee.
- 50km: £139 registration fee.
- 25km: £89 registration fee.
- 10 miles: £39 registration fee.
What to expect
Your entry to the event includes:
- Free food and drink
- Support from medics and marshals
- Massage teams
- A glass of fizz, t-shirt, and a special medal to celebrate your achievement as you cross the finish line
You will get full support and hospitality from the event organisers, Action Challenge, every step of the way. At the event, you can expect:
- A fully signposted route
- Rest stops every 12.5km
- Shuttle and transfer services (book services on the Ultra Challenge website)
All levels of experience are welcome. You can walk, run or jog. You may also walk at your own pace for over 24 hours if needed.
Find out more about the route, support and hospitality on the Isle of Wight Challenge page on the Ultra Challenge website.
Trekking across Iceland for mental health
"We knew that the challenge was going to be difficult. 58km covering volcanic rock, miles upon miles of thick snow, ice cold river crossings with steep ascents and descents that pack a punch on the knees. But we've supported each other through mental health problems; we can support each other through anything."
Where does the money go?
people in the UK will experience a mental health problem in any given year
queries answered by our helplines in 2022-2023
times someone accessed our mental health information in 2022 - 2023