Get help now Make a donation

How to donate shares to Mind

There are two ways in which you can transfer shares to Mind.

1. If you have a share certificate printed on paper, please send this original document to Mind. You will also need to complete and send us a stock transfer form. You should also keep a copy of this form as evidence of your gift. A stock transfer form can be obtained from the registrars of the company in which you have shares or from your stockbroker.

Please post the certificate and form to:
FAO Major Giving
2 Redman Place
London E20 1JQ

2. Alternatively, if a record of your shares is held electronically, you will need to instruct your stockbroker to contact Mind and arrange transfer of your shares. We will require a reference number from your stockbroker and their contact details.

You or your stockbroker can contact us at the address above, or by email.


What records should I keep?

You will need to keep a dated copy of the transfer form or letters relating to your donation in order to be able to make a tax-relief claim.

How to donate shares as a company

Your company can claim income or corporation tax relief for giving shares to Mind, but the following conditions must apply:

  • Shares must be quoted or listed on a recognised stock exchange.
  • A limited company cannot claim relief for the gift of its own shares to charity.
  • The valuation that is used for taxation purposes must be the average value on the stock exchange on the date of transfer.

The HM Revenue and Customs website has much more information on donating assets to charities

arrow_upwardBack to Top