24 January 2024
7.5 hours per week
£12.76 per hour
York Mind – group facilitator
Do you have lived experience of mental ill health? Do you also have experience of facilitating groups? Are you able to use this experience, your knowledge and skills to support others in their recovery journey?
We're looking for a peer support group facilitator to work within the Community Mental Health Hub in York. The Hub provides a supportive environment for people living with ‘unmet’ mental health needs and consists of professionals from Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Trust, York CVS, York Mind and York Carers Centre. We all work together to provide a range of support services in one place.
What you'll do
In this role you'll:
- Facilitate peer support group sessions of up to 15 attendees
- Encourage clients to focus on managing their mental health and coping with their difficulties
- Offer a safe space for clients to share experiences
- Engage with the wider Community Mental Health Hub Team
We're looking for someone with:
- Passion for mental health and wellbeing
- The ability to reflect on your own mental health
- Experience of facilitating groups and offering a safe and supportive environment
How to apply
For more information about the role, and the benefits of working for us, click apply now at the top of this page. This will take you through to the York Mind website.