19 July 2023
03 August 2023
Fixed term contract until March 2024 with potential to extend
18.5 hours per week
£21,898.50 (pro rata for part-time hours)
Based in Southwick or Worthing, with travel around West Sussex.
West Sussex Mind – parenting mental health peer support worker
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a peer support worker to support our project manager. You'll help develop our peer support service. The service helps parents and carers who are supporting children and young people with emotional and mental health problems.
The project aims to:
- Increase parents' confidence, knowledge and skills to support their children
- Support parents' own wellbeing and increase their resilience to continue supporting their children
- Signpost parents and carers to other sources of support
We're looking for someone with their own lived experience of supporting a child or young person with emotional and mental health problems. You'll be willing to use your own experiences to offer peer support to others.
- Be confident in setting up and leading groups
- Have good communication skills
- Regularly update and moderate social media groups
- Write a newsletter using mailchimp
- Give peer support on a 1 to 1 basis
You don't need any formal qualifications for this role. But it'd be great to see evidence of any learning you've done around mental health, peer support or mentoring.
How to apply
For more information and to apply, click apply now at the top of this page.