30 October 2023
06 November 2023
Fixed term (maternity cover)
37.5 hours per week
£27,027 per year
West Sussex Mind – children and young people’s social prescribing worker
Are you passionate about children and young people’s mental health? We have an exciting new opportunity to join our social prescribing team in Littlehampton, Arun.
What you'll do
GP practices want to significantly improve the support they offer patients, with a focus on children and young people’s mental health and are working in partnership with West Sussex Mind to achieve this by funding a service based in practices in Arun.
In this role you will:
- See children and young people who are referred into the service via their GP
- Offer support to identify what they need and help them to work on these issues, through support planning and a goal focused approach
- Split your time across surgeries
- Run practice-based groups and wellbeing sessions where these needs are identified
We're looking for someone with:
- Relevant mental health work experience
- Experience working with children and young people
- Ideally a relevant qualification (perhaps as a counsellor, teacher, social worker, nurse, PWP, youth worker, family, housing or advice worker)
How to apply
For more information about the role, and the benefits of working for us, click apply now at the top of this page. This will take you through to the West Sussex Mind website.