14 January 2024
24 January 2024
36 hours per week
£27,462.24 per year
Tameside, Oldham and Glossop Mind – therapeutic schools counsellor
We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified therapeutic counsellor to join our organisation, working closely with the Oldham Schools Mental Health Support Team (MHST) on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the MHST project manager and MHST operational lead, as the schools counsellor you will be responsible for offering person-centred counselling to children and young people age 8-18, on a one-to-one basis. You'll support the schools' development of a whole school approach to mental and emotional wellbeing.
What you'll do
In this role you'll:
- Work as an integral part of the children, young people and families team to deliver services directly to members of our community
- Give support to people within the boundaries of our services
- Be responsible for managing a caseload of people accessing the services
- Work alongside other staff and volunteers to ensure members of our community can access the services they need
We're looking for someone with:
- Effective communication skills, verbally and in writing
- IT skills including email, online systems, and Microsoft packages
- Ability to deliver and monitor a range of complex activities or programmes
- Ability to work in partnership with a wide range of partners, stakeholders, and communities
How to apply
For more information about the role, and the benefits of working for us, click apply now at the top of this page. This will take you through to the Tameside, Oldham and Glossop Mind website.