05 February 2024
19 February 2024
Fixed term contract for 12 months
26 hours per week
£14,736.80 per year
Tameside, Oldham and Glossop Mind – peer support worker
Safe Tameside is an exciting collaboration including Tameside, Oldham and Glossop Mind, The Anthony Seddon Fund and Big Life Group. The service is a crisis alternative designed to provide people experiencing mental health difficulty with an easily accessible and calming environment to de-escalate, talk through what's on their mind and feel heard. Additionally, the service is designed to enable people to walk away with a plan for how to manage their mental health moving forward.
What you'll do
In this role you'll:
- Offer a warm and welcoming reception to anybody accessing the service
- Speak with people one-to-one about what is troubling them
- Support people in their management of and recovery from mental health crisis
We're looking for someone with:
- Experience and knowledge of emotional wellbeing and mental health issues
- Experience of liaising with members of the public.
- Good verbal and written communication
- Ability to carry out administrative responsibilities
- Responding to change and uncertainty positively
How to apply
For more information about the role, and the benefits of working for us, click apply now at the top of this page. This will take you through to the Tameside, Oldham and Glossop Mind website.