21 December 2023
05 January 2024
36 hours per week
£27,462.24 per year
Tameside, Oldham and Glossop Mind – counsellor
This is an opportunity to work as part of a charity committed to enabling everyone in our communities to achieve better mental health. Tameside, Oldham and Glossop Mind is a fast-paced charity delivering a wide variety of mental health and emotional wellbeing services. We are looking to recruit a qualified counsellor to work within our adults’ counselling team in Oldham.
What you'll do
In this role you'll:
- Work as an integral part of the counselling team carrying out sessions within an 8-12 session model
- Give support to people within the boundaries of our services, identify any additional support and sensitively help them to access other services as needed
- Be responsible for managing a caseload of people accessing the services
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, to a wide range of people inside and outside the organisation
- Use IT systems including email, online systems, and Microsoft packages to record and share information
- Deliver and monitor a range of complex activities or programmes in your department
- Achieve service and project outcomes
- Work in partnership with a wide range of partners, stakeholders, and communities
- Support the organisation to devise and develop improvements in your area of expertise
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks relevant to the role
We're looking for someone who is ideally 1-2 years post-qualification.
How to apply
For more information about the role, and the benefits of working for us, click apply now at the top of this page. This will take you through to the Tameside, Oldham and Glossop Mind website.