01 October 2023
17.5 or 21 hours per week
£27,000 per year (full time equivalent)
Swindon and Gloucestershire Mind – wellbeing practitioner (access community mental health)
Are you a mental health professional with a passion for making a positive impact in the world?
We're looking for a wellbeing practitioner to help shape local mental health services within Swindon and beyond.
You’ll be part of a passionate, dedicated community of mental health professionals. We're committed to providing accessible, responsive, inclusive mental health support.
We have a supportive and collaborative work environment. And we'll give you plenty of opportunities for professional development.
What you'll do
- Assess potential clients for support.
- Provide a safe, supportive environment to clients accessing the service.
- Engage with partners to support your caseload.
- Influence the transformation of mental health services.
- Encourage, inspire, and motivate people who access the service, to improve their mental health and wellbeing.
We're looking for someone who:
- Has experience working in mental health, supporting people with a range of mental health problems
- Knows how to use different techniques to support people's wellbeing. For example, counselling, community signposting, etc
- Has excellent listening and communication skills
- Has good written communication skills. You'll need these to write letters, reports and maintain accurate records
- Has experience supervising a team
How to apply
For more information about the role, and the benefits of working for us, click apply now at the top of this page. This will take you through to the Swindon and Gloucestershire Mind website.